Making 2011 Great – Decide Now
It is time to put together a plan for 2011. How many workouts do you want to complete? Do you want a personal best in a specific event? Do you want to eat healthier foods? How much money do you want to save? How committed will you be? Right now is the time to set your goals and create a road map to a successful and big year. We are in control of our future and it is up to us to create our own luck. If you want a year that is full of life, positivity, achievement and personal development then preparation now will guide you to accomplishing these goals. Here are five very important strategies for you to use to make 2011 your best year!
1. Right now (and do not wait till after the New Year), you need to sit down and write down everything you want to do and achieve in 2011. Get a notebook and jot down your goals, your workout goals, your professional goals, your family goals and any other ideas and thoughts that are in your head. Once you write them down, type them and print them out. Highlight your goals and place it in a location where you are going to look at it everyday. And everyday look at them and make sure you are staying on track to conquering the goals set. If what you are doing is not taking you closer to your goals then it needs to be cut out. Remember, you can do so much and having direction will make it more realistic.
2. Your health is the foundation of your life. Your energy, your family, your work and your personal development all depend on how healthy and vibrant you are. When you are active and conscious of your fitness and conditioning levels you will take full advantage of every thing around you. So be realistic with yourself, how many workouts can you get in 365 days? If you workout 4 times a week that is 208 workouts. Can you do that? Write down your number on a calendar and every time you complete a workout change the number. Stay on track, not just after the New Year but the entire 2011!
3. Have the mindset to make small daily changes. Too many times we want the fast remedy, the quick gimmick, the “less work is better” method but it doesn’t usually work this way. To get results, whether it be increases in fitness and performance or a financial goal you must have a long term strategy and mindset to see big time results. Tell yourself that you want to improve 1% every day for the entire year. Think about that….365% better at the end of 2011, not bad.
4. Drink more water and get consistent sleep. A simple strategy that too many of us take for granted. Being hydrated aides in every bodily function and gives us energy and stamina to take on each day. Drink at least 72 ounces every day. Getting sleep will rejuvenate and regenerate the body and mind after long days. Try your best to get 6-8 hours of sleep every night.
5. When you stray away from a goal that was set all it takes is getting back on track. Just because you skip a workout or eat a bad food or spend more money than you should of, don’t lose focus. Don’t use the excuse of, “Aghh, I blew it, it’s over.” Each day is a brand new day to start over and continue back on the path to accomplishing your goals. Do not let a bad day, a missed workout, or a negative person crush your goals. Stay on track!
Let’s make 2011 an unbelievable year. Our community must think this way in order for things to turn around so come together, be positive, be healthy, and help each other out. I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year!
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2014 (15)
- ► 2012 (10)
- ► 2011 (31)
- ▼ 2010 (21)
- ► 2009 (41)