As I sit here winding down from a busy day I think to myself "Do most people reach their full potential?" There is so much we can do and so much we can achieve. Is there a way to educate more people and give them the inspiration they need to want to better themselves. Living to me is waking up each day wanting to take on my challenges and having enthusiasm with anything I do. This is a difficult task for most people. But how can we inspire more people? When you guide and motivate other people to high levels, you feel strong and content. Here are 6 ways to guide others to greatness:
1. Invite others to workout with you. Working out is positive, creates strength and energy and gives you a sense of accomplishment. When you workout with others you build relationships and connect deeply with your peers. There is nothing better than a group of positive individuals sitting around after a workout with smiles on their faces knowing they just took a step closer to their goals. So next time you workout, get someone to come along with you, inspire them, motivate them, guide them to greatness!
2. Recommend positive reading material. This is monumental. Reading can expand your thoughts, your knowledge, the way you think and open your mind to new ideas and methods of living life. No need to try and reinvent the wheel when there are very successful people out there giving you the keys to personal development. Start reading these books: "The Art of Exceptional Living" by Jim Rohn, "Tdday Matters" by John Maxwell, "Goals" by Brian Tracy, "The Pyramid of Success" by John Wooden and "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie.
3. Always be conscious of your words. I am reading "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz and the first agreement is "Be impeccable with your word." We get caught up in gossip and negative speaking too many times in life. We need to always be aware of how our thoughts affect other people. Our words can affect others so greatly, either in a postive or negative way. You can inspire others by speaking positive words and never speak negative about anyone. Try to do this.
4. Your character counts. Inspiring others to greatness starts with your true character. John Wooden says "your reputation is what others think of you, and your character is who you really are". What do you do when no one is looking? How do you act when no one is looking? This is the definition of character. When you have a strong character, others follow your lead and rise to greatness. Think about what you will do next time a tough time arises.
5. Keep pushing for betterment of personal development. Look at the people you are surrounded with in your daily life. Are you the one pushing them to get better? Or are you the one getting pushed? Whatever role you decide to take, know and understand that you inspire others when you continue the climb to your goals. When you have a group of determined and hard working peers, you will all strive for greatness. Choose your crowd wisely and know that the people you are surrounded with can take you down the right path or take you down the wrong path. You decide.
6. Believe in yourself at all times. When you believe in yourself you give a sense of confidence and strength to others. It will be tough to inspire others if you can not inspire yourself. Work on your self esteem with mental conditioning affirmations. Whether you enjoy meditation, praying, listening to soft music or just plain ol' quiet time, these strategies will help you center your thoughts and get you focused on your goals and personal development. When you start believing in yourself you will start to believe in others and lead them to greatness.
- ► 2017 (16)
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2014 (15)
- ► 2012 (10)
- ▼ 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (21)
- ► 2009 (41)